db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Hanging forever on database bootup during unit testing
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:57:02 GMT
I have a bunch of unit tests that I run as a suite.  The first test that
tries to boot up the Derby database hangs, with the CPU spiked at 100%.
 When I stop the process, here is where it is stuck, repeatedly (see stack
trace below).

When I run the same test by itself, it's slow to boot, but it doesn't hang.
 The database is small, it actually has no rows in it.

Any ideas?  Should I be reverting back to 10.4? I seem to be having a lot of
issues with 10.5 and booting/shutdown.  This is a serious problem; if it
happens in production it will be a Very Big Deal.

Thanks,

David

Thread [main] (Suspended)
ZipFile$1(InflaterInputStream).<init>(InputStream, Inflater, int) line: not
available
 ZipFile$1.<init>(ZipFile, InputStream, Inflater, int,
ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream) line: not available
 JarFile(ZipFile).getInputStream(String) line: not available
JarFile(ZipFile).getInputStream(ZipEntry) line: not available
 JarFile.getManifestFromReference() line: not available
JarFile.getManifest() line: not available
 URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getManifest() line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).defineClass(String, Resource) line:
not available
 URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader, String, Resource) line: not
available
URLClassLoader$1.run() line: not available
 AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>,
AccessControlContext) line: not available [native method]
 Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: not
available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: not
available
 Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: not available
 Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClassInternal(String) line: not
available
Class<T>.forName0(String, boolean, ClassLoader) line: not available [native
method]
 Class<T>.forName(String) line: not available
FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getImplementations(Properties, boolean) line: not
available
 FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getDefaultImplementations() line: not available
FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).runWithState(Properties, PrintStream) line: not
available
 FileMonitor.<init>(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
Monitor.startMonitor(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
 JDBCBoot.boot(String, PrintStream) line: not available
EmbeddedDriver.boot() line: not available
 EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>() line: not available
AutoloadedDriver.getDriverModule() line: not available
 AutoloadedDriver.connect(String, Properties) line: not available
DriverManager.getConnection(String, Properties, ClassLoader) line: not
available
 DriverManager.getConnection(String, String, String) line: not available

--
David W. Van Couvering

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com