db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nadav Hoze <Nadav.H...@dbMotion.com>
Subject database in a an inconsistent stat, after a communications error has been detected: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:35:38 GMT
Hi,

We have a service in our company that works with derby embedded db in a server mode.
I have an ongoing task which uses the db, and in one of the times I got the following exception:

:52:44.961 WARN  - JDBCExceptionReporter.java:77 (logExceptions) - SQL Error: 40000, SQLState:
08006
07:52:44.961 ERROR - JDBCExceptionReporter.java:78 (logExceptions) - A communications error
has been detected: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

When I tried to reconnect to the server again I got the followings:
"SQL State XJ041 Error Code 40000"  Which mean by the derby manual:
XJ041  - Failed to create database '<databaseName>', see the next exception for
details.

So I removed the property create=true and I got:
got "SQL State XJ040 Error Code 40000" Which means by the manual:
XJ040 -  Failed to start database '<databaseName>' with class loader <classLoader>,
see the next exception for details.

This probably points that my database was in an inconsistent state (something similar: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&dc=DB560&dc=DB520&uid=swg21288806&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct180websphere).

I read the from the derby site: http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/develop/develop13.html#HDRSII-DEVELOP-18166
that a
A transaction log prevent the DB from being in an un-persistent state.
So my guessing is that maybe writing to the log  failed...?

Is there any solution to this and I do not mean automated backups, the db must be persistent
even if writing to the log failed.
Maybe something to tune ?

Nadav hoze
Java programmer
dbMotion Ltd.
Direct: +972-8-6206802
Extension number: 6802
Mobile: 972-54-4821606
E-mail: nadav.hoze@dbMotion.com<mailto:nadav.hoze@dbMotion.com>

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

dbMotion is an innovative provider of medical informatics. The dbMotion(tm) Solution facilitates
Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (HIE) for integrated healthcare delivery
systems and health information networks. It integrates medical information from across the
continuum of care, leveraging a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Visit dbMotion at www.dbmotion.com<http://www.dbmotion.com/>.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any disclosure,
copying or distribution of the content of this information is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this email message in error please notify its sender and then delete it from your
files.