db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: database in a an inconsistent stat, after a communications error has been detected: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:29:58 GMT
On 06/13/10 03:49 PM, Nadav Hoze wrote:
> I think I found the problem.
> I launch couple of jvms with the same code that insert new data to the DB.
>
> I had the following exception:
> DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ041, SQLERRMC: Failed to create database 'CTS_SYNCH',
see the next exception for details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0JDirectory C:\Program Files\eclipses\Galileo\eclipse\ws\ExecuteSynchronization\CTS_SYNCH
already exists.

> And I saw that the service.properties which is created inside the CTS_SYNCH folder was
missing, can it suddenly be deleted ?

I don't know of anything that could delete it once it has been created,
but there have been reports of similar problems if database creation was
aborted before service.properties had been created:

Knut Anders