db-derby-user mailing list archives

From pb2208 <pete.bea...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Column Names
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:29:26 GMT

I am defining a DB where I will need to import numerous data files.  These
data files may come from EXCEL, CSV files, and Tab delimited files.  All of
these files use alphabetic (A-Za-z0-9) in their column names.  Some columns
may contain only the (0-9) characters.

I have been trying to create a table using the numeric characters.  However,
I am always getting exception errors pointing to the column name.  The
command I am using is:

Create Table mytab (393 decimal(3));

I have also tried changing the 393 to encase it in single and double quotes.
THis has no affect.

How can I define and reference a column using numeric characters?