On 05/22/10 05:34 PM, Stephan van Loendersloot wrote:
On 22-05-10 14:31, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
Hi Stephan,
I see this problem too:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost/db;create=true';
ij> call syscs_util.syscs_set_runtimestatistics(1);
Statement executed.
ij> call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');
Statement executed.
ij> select count(*) from sys.systables;
ERROR 22001: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink {0} '{1}' to length {2}.

Looks like a bug to me, so please open a JIRA issue so that we can track it.

Thanks,

Hi Knut Anders,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I logged this as issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4673

Would you like me to look into it, or will you take care of this, since it seems you created the XPLAIN functionality?

Thanks Stephan,

Feel free to pick up the bug. Contributions are always welcome! :) I've added you to the derby-developers group in JIRA so that you can assign the issue to yourself.

I'm afraid I cannot take any credit for the XPLAIN functionality, though. The initial implementation was contributed by Felix Beyer, and Bryan Pendleton further enhanced it and did the final integration.

--
Knut Anders