db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Fabricio Pedroso Jorge <fpjb...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems to use Derby Network Server
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 02:54:52 GMT
Hello... This is my first e-mail, and i hope i can help and be helped...

At this moment, i need help. My problem is tah a can't connect my
application to a database, using Derby Network Server. Let me explain
better:

I have 2 machines in my LAN, using the following IPs: (203.203.1.1) - Server
and (203.203.1.2) Client. I'm trying to conect the client to the server,
but  i keep getting the following message: "Connection refuse: connect"

On the server, i've installed Derby Network Server, configured it properly
and started successfully. Then copied my Derby database to DERBY_HOME\bin.
OBS: Using the ij, i can connect to the database using the localhost
address, but when i try to use de server IP, i get "Connection refuse:
connect".

On the client, when i try to create a connection, via NETBEANS 6.8, using
the following URL: "jdbc:derby://203.203.1.1:1527/BDHistoricoPeso", i get,
again the error "Connection refuse: connect"

Thats the problem: i simply can't connect mai client to the server... i
can't create a connection via NETBEANS to my server... I don't know what to
do anymore, and i hope you guys "show me the light"

Thanks!!!

--
Atenciosamente,

Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.

Programador de Sistemas Júnior - SEFA-PA
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - CESUPA

Resumo Profissional:
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/fabricio-jorge/19/554/58b