db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Don Clary" <don.cl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject RE: Database restoration not working.
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 04:37:18 GMT
I am also trying to use the "restoreFrom=" switch when opening the database,
but have not been successful yet.

I am getting the following error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'derbyDB', see
the next exception for details.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossD
RDA(Unknown Source)
 ... 43 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Backup database directory 'C:\Documents
and Settings\Don\My
Documents\JavaDev\HSA_ServiceHours\ServiceHours\HSA_backup\backup10-05-09\de
rbyDB' not found. Please make sure that the specified backup path is right.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossD
RDA(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

"derbyDB" is the name of my database.

The backup database does exist and everything needed (log dir, seg0 dir &
.dat files, BACKUP.HISTORY file, service.properties) appears to be
available.  The application trying to restore the file was started in the
'...\ServiceHours' directory,

It seems that derby (10.5.3.0) can not access this directory for some
reason.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you!

Don