db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mamatha Kodigehalli Venkatesh" <Mamatha.Venkat...@ness.com>
Subject RE: Unique or primary key constraint error while BULK import back into table after BULK export
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 11:21:34 GMT
Hello,

Any help appreciated on this.

My table ('TIDLGGLS') that has Varchar field say has values ("hello") and ("hello   ") in
the column (test).

Step1: I do a bulk export on this table.

Step2:  Try Bulk import...

            I end up in an exception ....

WARNING: Error in updating the Database Import error on line 48,917 of file D:\test\TestDBUpg/TIDLGGLS_data.dat:
The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or
primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'TIILGGLS' defined on 'TIDLGGLS'.

'TIILGGLS' is my unique index created on this column (test).

'TIDLGGLS' is my table.

How can I come out of this problem?

Thanks

Mamatha