db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Groenewald <dagroenew...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Subquery Error
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 14:39:29 GMT
I just found the problem - there was a duplicate row and the select query was failing - I just
needed to look far enough down the list to find the error.

Thanks anyway.

On 11/05/2010, at 12:16 AM, Duncan Groenewald wrote:

> The following query fails complaining about the subquery returning multiple records even
though the select query works fine on its own.

> insert into TableA (ID, ParentID, IndexNo, Type, Description, ProjectCode)
> select A1.NR,
> (select A2.NR from TableB A2
> where A2.WBSCODE = A1.PARENTID),
> IndexNo, Type, Title, 'AAA02'
> from TABLEB A1
>

> SELECT query runs fine on its own
>
> select A1.NR,
> (select A2.NR from TableB A2
> where A2.WBSCODE = A1.PARENTID),
> IndexNo, Type, Title, 'AAA02'
> from TABLEB A1
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> I have also tried using a VIEW which also works fine if its just a 'SELECT * from TABLEB'.
 But I get the same error when trying a INSERT INTO TABLEA () SELECT * FROM TABLEB.

> Thanks
>
> Duncan

Duncan Groenewald
mobile: +61406291205