db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: JPA 2.0 and Derby 10.6.1.1 ERROR XCL13
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 05:17:46 GMT
Hey Bryan,

Thanks for your help. Yes I am using hibernate and I'm fairly certain that it does have something
do with what is happening at the hibernate level as I tried updating to the later version
of hibernate 3.5.1-Final and ran into a very different error but the issue with prepared statement
seemed to go away. Ironically with this later version of hibernate the issue seems to be tied
to inserting into the database. Anyhow, that got me thinking about the driver class I'm using
and its compatibility to JPA and hibernate. Currently I'm using

hibernate.connection.driver_class=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

Would you happen to know if that is correct? and if it would change based on whether I was
using JPA 2.0 versus JPA 1.0?

Thanks again,
Paul