db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA 2.0 and Derby 10.6.1.1 ERROR XCL13
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 04:50:45 GMT
This part:

 > where product0_.lid=? and product0_.userVersion=? fetch first 2 rows

seems to match this part:

 > cq.where(cb.and(cb.equal(lidAttr, lid), cb.equal(userVersionAttr, userVersion)));

pretty closely, so it's hard to imagine why your O/R tool thought it
needed to set 3 parameters in the query.

Unless it somehow thought it was trying to set the "first 2 rows" part? That is,
did it think it had prepared "fetch first ? rows" and was trying to set the 2?

You may need to ask in a forum that covers your O/R tool, to get some
suggestions about how to understand its query generation behaviors.
Did you say you were using Hibernate?

Regarding whether Derby is processing the statement twice, I think that
the log is just a bit hard to read: the statement is listed twice,
but once is a "begin compiling" trace, and once is an "end compiling" trace.

So, I'm afraid I don't have any breakthrough answers for you, but hopefully
you're armed with more information to ask a more specific question to the
providers of the O/R tool.

thanks,

bryan