db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Error using XPLAIN style tables
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 16:06:57 GMT
On 05/22/10 05:34 PM, Stephan van Loendersloot wrote:
> On 22-05-10 14:31, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Hi Stephan,
>> I see this problem too:
>>
>> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost/db;create=true';
>> ij> call syscs_util.syscs_set_runtimestatistics(1);
>> Statement executed.
>> ij> call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');
>> Statement executed.
>> ij> select count(*) from sys.systables;
>> ERROR 22001: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink {0} '{1}' to length
{2}.

>> Looks like a bug to me, so please open a JIRA issue so that we can track it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Hi Knut Anders,
>
> Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> I logged this as issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4673
>
> Would you like me to look into it, or will you take care of this,
> since it seems you created the XPLAIN functionality?

Thanks Stephan,

Feel free to pick up the bug. Contributions are always welcome! :) I've
added you to the derby-developers group in JIRA so that you can assign
the issue to yourself.

I'm afraid I cannot take any credit for the XPLAIN functionality,
though. The initial implementation was contributed by Felix Beyer, and
Bryan Pendleton further enhanced it and did the final integration.

--
Knut Anders