db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error using XPLAIN style tables
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 15:58:41 GMT
> I logged this as issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4673
>
> Would you like me to look into it, or will you take care of this, since
> it seems you created the XPLAIN functionality?

Thanks Stephan, this is quite helpful and your issue is very clearly logged.

If you are willing to provide a patch for the problem, that would be great!

We are always interested in contributions and fixes from the community.

You can find lots of information about the Derby patch process here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForNewDevelopers and here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/PatchAdvice

Briefly summarized, if you could:
1) Build-and-test your proposed changes to the column widths
2) Add your test to XplainStatisticsTest.java and verify that it
    passes with your code changes
3) Attach your "svn diff" output to DERBY-4673

Then that would be very useful to us.

If you encounter problems with the tools or process, you should ask on
derby-dev, since that's where the Derby developers tend to hang out.

thanks,

bryan