db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Shankar Devi <shankar.natara...@sasken.com>
Subject Re: Java exception: '-1: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException' error
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 10:27:07 GMT

Hi Kristian,

            Thanks for the very quick reply.

 1. which transaction isolation level the application is running with?
   [Devi] - Our application uses TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED transaction
isolation level.

2. I'm assuming this is a multi-threaded / -user application?
   [Devi] - Standalone application which supports 5 parallel operation(Multi
threaded). Maximum database Connections=20.

3. How easily is the bug reproducible?
   [Devi] - Once customer has seen this issue. I have backup of customer
database. But Unable to reproduce the same.

4.  looks like you may be inserting data returned by a select.Is this
correct?
    Yes. Eg.,
con.prepareStatement(("insert into cfgdata_objects (objKey, objParent, name,
class, versionID, viewID, objData) " +

"select objKey, objParent, name, class, CAST (? AS BIGINT), viewID, objData
from cfgdata_objects where objKey = ? and versionID = 0");

con.prepareStatement(("insert into cfgdata_property (objKey, versionID,
viewID, objData) " +

"select objKey, CAST (? AS BIGINT), viewID, objData from cfgdata_property
where objKey = ? and versionID = 0");

5. is the source data a BLOB or a CLOB?
   [Devi] - Source data is BLOB. Application is trying to insert data into
the below given table
CREATE TABLE cfgdata_objects(
   objKey INT,
   objParent INT,
   name VARCHAR(255),
   class VARCHAR(255),
   versionID BIGINT DEFAULT 0,
   viewID INT DEFAULT 0,
   objData BLOB,
   CONSTRAINT kvk_cfgdata_objects Primary Key (objKey, versionID),
   CONSTRAINT pvk_cfgdata_objects Foreign Key (objParent, versionID)
      REFERENCES cfgdata_objects(objKey, versionID) ON DELETE CASCADE);

CREATE TABLE cfgdata_property(
   objKey INT,
   versionID BIGINT DEFAULT 0,
   viewID INT DEFAULT 0,
   objData BLOB(2M),
   CONSTRAINT kvk_cfgdata_property Foreign Key (objKey, versionID)
      REFERENCES cfgdata_objects(objKey, versionID) ON DELETE CASCADE);

Does this issue is occurring due to multi thread operations with derby
database?

Thanks & Regards,
Devi