db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nm56 <nmeade5...@verizon.net>
Subject Connection URL Problems
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 16:51:09 GMT

On my classpath I have everything that my application needs and 4 derby Jars
- derby, derbyclient, derbynet and derby tools. I also have a jar that holds
my db that isn't on the level of everything else in the app jar i.e.
"lib/derby.jar ../app.jar" This is my URL:

jdbc:derby:classpath:/appdb;bootPassword=password

I've tried it both the the preceding slash on the dbname and without.

I've also tried it using
jdbc:derby:jar:(C:/localpath/appdb.jar)appdb;bootPassword=password

All of these tries give me teh same result - it chops off jdbc:derby and
takes everything after that until the semi-colon to be the database name. It
then says i.e. 'database classpath:/appdb;..." cannot be found

I'm using 10.5.3

What do I have to do to get this working?