db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nm56 <nmeade5...@verizon.net>
Subject Read Server Created DB with Embedded Driver
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 14:49:20 GMT

Hi, a little background:

I'm zipping up a Java App along with a derby db that I created using the
network server.

Is it possible to read a locally or transplanted derby db that was created
and saved using the network driver by using the embedded driver to read it
or are they just incompatible as I suspect?

If they are incompatible, how can I tell the server the location of the
database I want to access if it is outside of DERBY_HOME?

Thanks for any help...