db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jasvinder S. Bahra" <bbdl21...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problems to use Derby Network Server
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 11:58:59 GMT
Fabricio,

Can you try executing the following command on your client machine... "ping
203.203.1.1" (less quotes), and reply with what is returned.  You might be
having some kind of network issues.

In addition, I would recommend you move the database directory into the
DERBY_HOME directory.  It makes no sense for the database directory to be in
the DERBY_HOME\bin directory - the bin directory should, speaking
conventionally, just hold the Apache Derby application files.

My suspicion is that Netbeans isn't using the DERBY_HOME\bin directory as
the 'current' directory when attempting to run Apache Derby - so when Derby
attempts to look in the 'current' directory for the database files, it can't
find them.

Jazz

----- Original Message -----
From: Fabricio Pedroso Jorge
To: Derby Discussion
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 4:32 AM
Subject: Re: Problems to use Derby Network Server

Hi... thanks for the fast reply.

@Thomas J. Taylor: I've completely disabled my Windows Firewall.

@Bryan Pendleton: I've used the following parameter on my server:
"startNetworkServer -h 203.203.1.1 -p 1527". With it, the server started
correctly, but now, when i try to create a new connection via netbeans, a
new message appears, saying that the database could not be found. My
database is inside DERBY_HOME/bin, and i think that's the correct directory.

Again, thanks for the fast reply :)