db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas J. Taylor" <Thomas.Tay...@Miami.edu>
Subject RE: Problems to use Derby Network Server
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 03:15:54 GMT
Hello Fabricio,

I’ve normally seen a “Connection Refused: connect” message when a firewall
is blocking a network port (Windows Firewall most likely). You can add an
exception to the firewall on the server (203.203.1.1) for port 1527.
Alternately, you can try disabling the firewall briefly to confirm that with
the firewall turned off you can connect to the derby network server.

FYI. you will normally see a “Connection Timeout” message when either the
destination (server) IP address is wrong, or the network server has not
started.

Best regards,

Thomas Taylor

From: Fabricio Pedroso Jorge [mailto:fpjbito@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 10:55 PM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Problems to use Derby Network Server

Hello... This is my first e-mail, and i hope i can help and be helped...

At this moment, i need help. My problem is tah a can't connect my
application to a database, using Derby Network Server. Let me explain
better:

I have 2 machines in my LAN, using the following IPs: (203.203.1.1) - Server
and (203.203.1.2) Client. I'm trying to conect the client to the server, but
i keep getting the following message: "Connection refuse: connect"

On the server, i've installed Derby Network Server, configured it properly
and started successfully. Then copied my Derby database to DERBY_HOME\bin.
OBS: Using the ij, i can connect to the database using the localhost
address, but when i try to use de server IP, i get "Connection refuse:
connect".

On the client, when i try to create a connection, via NETBEANS 6.8, using
the following URL: "jdbc:derby://203.203.1.1:1527/BDHistoricoPeso", i get,
again the error "Connection refuse: connect"

Thats the problem: i simply can't connect mai client to the server... i
can't create a connection via NETBEANS to my server... I don't know what to
do anymore, and i hope you guys "show me the light"

Thanks!!!

--
Atenciosamente,

Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.

Programador de Sistemas Júnior - SEFA-PA
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - CESUPA

Resumo Profissional:
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/fabricio-jorge/19/554/58b