Hi, all.

I have a thread that runs the following query every 10 seconds:

SELECT d.ITEMSET_ID, f.FILTER_INDEX, FROM FILTERS f, PENDING_DELIVERIES d WHERE f.ITEMSET_ID = d.ITEMSET_ID AND f.FILTER_INDEX = d.FILTER_INDEX AND d.SENT = 0 AND d.SERVER_ID = 1

The FILTERS table has about 200 rows in it, and the PENDING_DELIVERIES table has no rows.  So this query returns zero rows each time it is run.

My database directory is growing by about *1 MB *! every 30 seconds.

This is the *only* query running.  The number of rows in my tables never changes.

Inspecting further, the number of dat files under seg0 is continually growing.  This never stops - a QA person has seen their database directory grow from 20MB to 5GB!

I tried compressing the table - no change.

I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5, and the database initially was back to a few MB, but then over time it started growing again.

This is *very* disconcerting - basically it makes Derby unusable in production.  It is not an option for me to stop running this query.

I am hoping you have some suggestions, I am a bit at a loss.

Thanks!

David

--
David W. Van Couvering