db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Doug McGavin <oggieon...@hotmail.com>
Subject A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHARTA 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 255.
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:18:25 GMT

I am using the latest version of Derby with Hibernate and getting the following error when
trying to save an image (the exact same code works with MySQL) :
[7613120@qtp0-8] ERROR util.JDBCExceptionReporter  -
A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHARTA 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 255.
I have read that this is a known bug but I don't seem to be able to find how it was resolved
or how to work around it in my code.
I have a domain object with
byte[] headShot
static constraints = {    headShot(nullable: true , maxSize:2097152 )}
Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to abandon Derby.
Thanks in advance,Doug