db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Rudy <ronchal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby 10.3 Performance
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:43:26 GMT
I don't know specifically with regards to Derby, but typically this is more of a function of
how you configured your JVM and how you utilize Derby itself.  If you have many threads doing
work, leveraging asynchronous processing where you can, then you'll be utilizing the CPU as
much as possible.  I've found in practice that a bigger determinate for performance with Derby
is your disk speed.

-Ron

On Apr 9, 2010, at 4:39:35 AM, Rajesh Datla wrote:

> Hi All,
>             I like to know the performance utilization of  multi-processors on a machine
by Derby 10.3. Does Derby 10.3 utilize all CPU's on 8 CPU machine?.