db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Very bad disk space leak in Derby
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:30:36 GMT
On 30.04.10 23:38, David Van Couvering wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I have a thread that runs the following query every 10 seconds:
>
> SELECT d.ITEMSET_ID, f.FILTER_INDEX, FROM FILTERS f, PENDING_DELIVERIES
> d WHERE f.ITEMSET_ID = d.ITEMSET_ID AND f.FILTER_INDEX = d.FILTER_INDEX
> AND d.SENT = 0 AND d.SERVER_ID = 1
>
> The FILTERS table has about 200 rows in it, and the PENDING_DELIVERIES
> table has no rows.  So this query returns zero rows each time it is run.
>
> My database directory is growing by about *1 MB *! every 30 seconds.
>
> This is the *only* query running.  The number of rows in my tables never
> changes.
>
> Inspecting further, the number of dat files under seg0 is continually
> growing.  This never stops - a QA person has seen their database
> directory grow from 20MB to 5GB!

Hi David,

Can you confirm that the number of dat files in the seg0-directory are
growing?
If that's the case, are you sure you don't have a query adding new
tables and/or indexes to the database?
Do you see many tables if you fire up ij and issue 'show tables'? What
about 'show indexes'?
(I think the values for an empty database are 22 and 72)

Regards,
--
Kristian