db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Stopping NetworkServerControl
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:56:36 GMT
On 04/23/10 01:08, David Van Couvering wrote:
> Hm, I don't want to shut down the database, it may be in use.  I just
> want to stop the network listener.  Is that not possible?

Hi David,

NetworkServerControl.shutdown() only shuts down the network server. The
databases will still be booted.

There is one exception: If you started the network server from the
command line, it will shut down the engine too. But in that case we know
that the network server process is going to terminate, so no one will be
able to access the databases in that process anyway.

--
Knut Anders