db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby and JDeveloper
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:31:09 GMT
Jamil Shreet wrote:
> How do I build Derby using JDeveloper?

Do you mean how to build Derby from source code? Or how to build
applications that use Derby?

You can write JDBC applications that use Derby with any tool; Derby
conforms to the JDBC standard. To run a JDBC application against Derby
you simply need to modify your JDBC Connection URL and put the Derby jars
in the classpath.

To build Derby from its source code, see: http://db.apache.org/derby/dev/derby_source.html

In general, we use the Ant tool for building Derby; those are the instructions
that are available, and are the ones that work. Pretty much any IDE which
supports integration with Ant can be used to drive the Derby Ant build, though.

thanks,

bryan