db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby causing a classloader leak
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:07:01 GMT
On 4/12/2010 5:02 PM, Jason von Nieda wrote:
> Hi Kathey,
>
> Thanks for the code samples. Unfortunately this didn't do the trick. I
> am still getting the leaked classloader using the shutdown method you
> sent over. As before, if I comment just the two stmt.execute() lines
> the classloader unloads properly. It seems like something happens in
> the driver once the first statement is executed that causes it to hang
> on to the classloader.
>
> And to Alan, yes, I am closing the statement. I've also tried
> explicitly closing the statement and creating a new one for each
> command. That also fails.

Can you post your new code with the shutdown using the right class
loader.  If the shutdown is indeed happening with the right class loader
and possibly even if it is not, I would think there's a bug there,
somewhere.  I will backport DERBY-4598 to 10.5 in the next few days and
then if you can try that out and verify the shutdown is  correct, I
think you should file a bug.

thanks

Kathey