db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Database restoration not working.
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:37:38 GMT
Hi All,

My understanding is that restoring a backedup database should restore it to to its original
location. If for example, a database is backedup from the location c:\one to c:\two, and if
it is later restored, then the database ought to be restored to the original location, i.e.
c:\one. However, I find that this is not the case with Derby.

String connectionURL = "jdbc:derby:mydbname;restoreFrom=c:/temp/two/mydbname"

On using the above-mentioned connection string, the connection to the database is indeed made;
however, it is not restored to its original location. Where the database is restored, and
how I can get it restored to its original location?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh