db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Fisher, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Fis...@argushealth.com>
Subject Question about replication
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:24:18 GMT
I've successfully setup master/slave replication. The admin guide and
guides seem to leave one thing missing... How do you use this in your
code?

If I have a JDBC connection to the host:port, and the host JVM dies, the
slave comes online and begins to process transactions as the master
would.

I'm trying to understand how to make this failover mechanism transparent
to the application... Right now, the app connects to
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/jmxdb, however, the slave is listening on
jdbc:derby://localhost:1088/jmxdb. The replication is happening over
port 8001, if that matters.

Is there something I can specify in my jdbc url to try the master first,
and if unsuccessful, try the slave?

Something like:
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527,localhost:1088/jmxdb

Thank you,

Jon

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended
recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission
is strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster@argushealth.com.
 Thank you.