db-derby-user mailing list archives

From p4ddy <prdpsb...@gmail.com>
Subject SQLNonTransientConnectionException even though the path to database is correct
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:09:38 GMT

Hi,

I'm encountering a weird problem. I have a code that is connecting to derby
database but sometimes it throws following exception.

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: java.net.ConnectException :
Error connecting to server 127.0.0.1 on port 1527 with message Connection
refused.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)

I went through it and found that there is no problem with the database path.

What could be the problem causing this exception?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)