I believe you want to look at this: http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj32.html

Specifically the referential ON UPDATE in constraints.  The only "ON UPDATE" actions that are allowed are "NO ACTION" and "RESTRICT"; Derby does not appear to support cascading updates.  You can log a feature request, I believe there might already be one for it based on this thread: http://old.nabble.com/ON-UPDATE-CASCADE-in-derby-td1633870.html

Incidentally I do believe that MySQL supports on update cascade with its INNODB engine, and I do think MS SQL does as well (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa275462(SQL.80).aspx