db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JNLP setup creating an apache derby db fails - versuchen01X
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:15:59 GMT
Gabriele Kahlout <gabriele@mysimpatico.com> writes:

> Here is only the trace:
>
> the most telling line should be (but I don't know what it means, and
> how to solve it):
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'access denied
> (java.io.FilePermission
> /Users/simpatico/archive/db.sqlwrapper/service.properties read):
> java.security.AccessControlException'.

It looks like Java Web Start runs the application with a security
manager that prevents you from reading the database, so you'll probably
need to grant some permissions to derby.jar. I don't know how to do that
in a Java Web Start environment myself, but perhaps someone else does
and will chime in...

--
Knut Anders