db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Bortnovskiy <PBortnovs...@Jefferies.com>
Subject Re: Extracting dependencies from SQL statements
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:51:18 GMT
I was able to compile both files by disabling SanityManager method
invocation and replacing ContextId.LANG_CONNECTION with its string
"LanguageConnectionContext".
No other changes to ASTParser and TreeWalker have been done, however, when
running them the following exception is thrown:

Parsing:
select a from t, s where t.a = s.a
Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table/View
'T' does not exist.
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement40.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at TreeWalker.execute(TreeWalker.java:95)
        at TreeWalker.main(TreeWalker.java:79)
        at
        at
        at
com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:110)

Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM
03/09/2010 08:35 AM
Please respond to
"Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>

Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Extracting dependencies from SQL statements

Hi Pavel,

I don't know of an easy way to do this. You could run the statement
through the Derby parser to get the parsed representation, the Abstract
Syntax Tree. Then you could write a Visitor to walk the AST, looking for
the nodes which represent tables. See the following JIRAs for some
pointers on how to produce and walk the AST: DERBY-3946 and DERBY-791.

Unfortunately, there is no systematic primer on the AST nodes
themselves. All we have is the javadoc for the package
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.

Hope this helps,
-Rick