db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: calling ASTParser repeatedly rises an exception
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:45:52 GMT
Hi Flavio,

This is just a guess, but are you shutting down the entire Derby engine
by connecting to the following URL:

   DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");

If so, you are removing the embedded driver from the VM's list of
registered drivers and you need to re-install it with the following
statement:

   Class.forName(org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver).newInstance();

Instead of shutting down the entire engine, you may consider just
shutting down your single database:

   DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:sample;shutdown=true");

For more information about this topic, please see
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevdvlp27610
and
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevdvlp21955

Hope this helps,