db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hanging around derby.log, how to center it?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:52:40 GMT
On 14.03.10 16:46, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:
> I've added the following lines of code in my db init, but they still
> didn't make a difference:
>
> System.setProperty("derby.stream.error.filederby.stream.error.file",
> dir.getPath() + File.separator + "derby.log");
> System.setProperty("derby.system.home", dir.getPath() );

Hi,

If the above is verbatim from your app, 'derby.stream.error.file' is
written twice, making the property name invalid.

Note that some properties must be set before the Derby driver is loaded,
or alternatively be included in the 'derby.properties' file.
Further, note that 'derby.system.home' cannot be set by specifying it in
the Derby property file. You must either set it on the command line, or
with System.setProperty before the driver is loaded (watch out for the
JDBC driver auto-loading feature here).

Hope this helps,
--
Kristian

> 2010/3/13, Bernt M. Johnsen<Bernt.Johnsen@sun.com>:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> FYYI: The logDevice is not the derby.log file, but the database log
>> where the database transactions are logged wrt e.g. database recovery
>> (which is something completely different than the textual derby.log)

12:23:37):