db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jon Pearson <j...@emnico.com>
Subject Re: Derby Maintenance Activities
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:49:55 GMT
Hi Knut,
     yes, I agree that is definitely the problem

Thanks
Jon

On 11/03/2010 10:56, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Jon Pearson<jonp@emnico.com>  writes:
>

>> We did try to run the compression online but found that some existing
>> compiled statements retained a reference to pages in the
>> pre-compressed table resulting in exception whenever they were
>> excecuted.  Since then we have had to perform the compression offline
>> resulting in downtime.
>>
> Hi Jon,
>
> This problem sounds like the following issue:

Emnico Services Limited, Dauntsey House, Stonehill Green, Westlea, Swindon SN5 7HB
Company No. 06390113

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information.  If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to them), you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible.
 The Emnico group of companies do not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused
to the recipient's system or data by this message.  Please carry out virus and other such
checks as you consider appropriate.