db-derby-user mailing list archives

From babylonlion <sanlee...@hotmail.com>
Subject No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:26:11 GMT

Hi experts,

I'm using JCreater to run a java program but after the program compiles
successfully, I get this error message:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby:COREJAVA;create=true
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:602)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)
    at ExecSQL.getConnection(ExecSQL.java:86)
    at ExecSQL.main(ExecSQL.java:22)

I'm using an emdedded driver. And I'm creating a database called COREJAVA

My environment variables are as follows:
CLASSPATH: .;C:\Apache\db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin\lib\derby.jar
HOME_DERBY: C:\Apache\db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin

I've been working on it since Monday but couldn't get anywhere. Please help
me