db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gabriele Kahlout <gabri...@mysimpatico.com>
Subject Re: cleaning database between test cases
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:59:15 GMT
There is definetely some problem with Junit tests and apache derby.

I've pasted the same code but as an exe file (where I do the setup and
teardown) and there it works flawlessly.

Consider:

/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */

package com.mysimpatico.memorizeasy;
import static org.junit.Assert.*;

import java.io.File;
import java.sql.*;
import junit.extensions.PrivilegedAccessor;
import org.junit.*;
import com.mysimpatico.memorizeasy.engine.Database;
import com.mysimpatico.memorizeasy.executables.Setup;
import com.mysimpatico.sqlwrapper.*;

/**
 *
 * @author simpatico
 */
public class DatabaseTest1 {

        private static final int n = 3; //should be less than 4000, 1000
    public final static String getConnection = "getConnection(final
boolean autoCommit) throws Exception";
    public final static String publish = "publish(final int cycleNo)";
    public final static String getMaxLastPubBatch = "getMaxLastPubBatch()";
    public final static String getMaxBatch = "getMaxBatch()";
    public final static String init = "init";

    public final static String refTable = "refTable";
    public final static String expTable = "expTable";
    public final static String objTable = "objTable";
    public final static String batColumn = "batColumn";
    public final static String lastPubColumn = "lastPubColumn";
    public final static String batTable = "batTable";
    public final static String expColumn = "expColumn";
    public final static String wColumn = "wColumn";
    public final static String genderColumn = "genderColumn";
    public final static String testMaterial = "testMaterial";
    private final static File csv = new File(testMaterial +
File.separatorChar + "dict.csv");
    private static File dir;
    public static String test = "test";

    static void deleteDir(File f) {
        if (f.isDirectory()) {
            for (File sf : f.listFiles()) {
                deleteDir(sf);
            }
        }
        f.delete();
    }

    public DatabaseTest1() {
    }

    @BeforeClass
    public static void setUpClass() throws Exception {
    }

    @AfterClass
    public static void tearDownClass() throws Exception {
    }

    @Before
    public void setUp() {
         dir = new File(test + System.currentTimeMillis());
        dir.mkdir();
        Setup.main(new String[]{Setup.test, dir.getAbsolutePath()});
       // Database.init(dir);
    }

    @After
    public void tearDown() {
       SqlWrapper.shutDownDerby();
       // new File(dir, "derby.properties").delete();
       deleteDir(dir);
    }

    // TODO add test methods here.
    // The methods must be annotated with annotation @Test. For example:
    //
     @Test
    public void testGetMaxLastPubBatch() {

         try {
            final Table batTable = (Table)
PrivilegedAccessor.getValue(Database.class, DatabaseTest.batTable);
            final int unwanted = (Integer)
PrivilegedAccessor.getValue(Database.class, "unwanted");
            int ret = (Integer)
PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, getMaxLastPubBatch);
            assertEquals(unwanted, ret); // empty batTable returns unwanted

            final Connection con = (Connection)
PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, getConnection, true);
            final Statement st = con.createStatement();
            int res = st.executeUpdate(SqlWrapper.insert(batTable));
            assertEquals(1, res);
            ret = (Integer)
PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, getMaxLastPubBatch);
            assertEquals(SqlWrapper.index - 1, ret); // batTable with
single unpublished batch returns SqlWrapper.index-1;
            assertEquals(0, SqlWrapper.index - 1);
            PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, publish,
1); //publish batch
            ret = (Integer)
PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, getMaxLastPubBatch);
            assertEquals(1, ret); // batTable with single published
batch returns 1

            int res2 = st.executeUpdate(SqlWrapper.deleteAll(batTable));
            assertEquals(1, res2);

            for (int i = SqlWrapper.index; i <= n; i++) {
                int res1 = st.executeUpdate(SqlWrapper.insert(batTable));
                assertEquals(1, res1);
                final int ret1 = (Integer)
PrivilegedAccessor.invokeMethod(Database.class, getMaxLastPubBatch);
                assertEquals(0, ret1); //batTable with n batch not
published should return 0
            }

            int res3 = st.executeUpdate(SqlWrapper.deleteAll(batTable));
            assertEquals(n, res3);
            con.close();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
            SqlWrapper.printHistory();
            fail();
        }
    }

      @Test
    public void testGetMaxLastPubBatch1() {

------ and now the exec file: --------

import com.mysimpatico.memorizeasy.engine.Database;
import com.mysimpatico.memorizeasy.executables.Setup;

import com.mysimpatico.sqlwrapper.*;
import java.io.File;
import java.sql.*;
import junit.extensions.PrivilegedAccessor;

/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
/**
 *
 * @author simpatico
 */
public class DbDeletionTest {

[...]

    /*  public static boolean deleteDir(File dir) {
    if (dir.isDirectory()) {
    String[] children = dir.list();

    for (int i = 0; i < children.length; i++) {
    boolean success = deleteDir(new File(dir, children[i]));
    if (!success) {
    return false;
    }
    } // The directory is now empty so delete it return dir.delete(); }
    }
    return dir.delete();
    }*/
   static void deleteDir(File f) {
        if (f.isDirectory()) {
            for (File sf : f.listFiles()) {
                deleteDir(sf);
            }
        }
        f.delete();
    }

    static void test() throws Exception {
        final File dir = new File("test" + System.currentTimeMillis());
        dir.mkdir();
       Setup.main(new String[]{"test", dir.getAbsolutePath()});

       int n = 3;
       try {
            final Table batTable = (Table)
PrivilegedAccessor.getValue(Database.class, DbDeletionTest.batTable);
[...]

        System.out.println("test executed.");

    }

        try {
            test();