db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gabriele Kahlout <gabri...@mysimpatico.com>
Subject Hanging around derby.log, how to center it?
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:23:37 GMT
Hello,

I've developed an application with Java DB, and in the setup i let the
user choose where to save the db folder. However i've noticed that the
derby.log will hang around, at the user desktop.

I've came across this: logDevice=logDirectoryPath
So I thought of editing the creating string to:

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:"+parentPath + File.separator
+"db.sqlwrapper;create="+ create + ";logDevice="+parentPath);
However, this only made things worse. The derby.log file still hanged
around, and now an extra log folder is added outside db.sqlwrapper.
So how can I get rid of this derby.log being created, or at most (and
perhaps at best) be located in the same directory as db.sqlwrapper is?

--
Regards,
K. Gabriele

--- unchanged since 25/1/10 ---
P.S. Unless a notification (LON), please reply either with an answer
OR with " ACK" appended to this subject within 48 hours. Otherwise, I
might resend.
In(LON, this) ∨ In(48h, TimeNow) ∨ ∃x. In(x, MyInbox) ∧ IsAnswerTo(x,
this) ∨ (In(subject(this), subject(x)) ∧ In(ACK, subject(x)) ∧
¬IsAnswerTo(x,this)) ⇒ ¬IResend(this).

Also note that correspondence may be received only from specified a
priori senders, or if the subject of this email ends with a code, eg.
-LICHT01X, then also from senders whose reply contains it.
∀x. In(x, MyInbox) ⇒ In(senderAddress(x), MySafeSenderList) ∨ (∃y.
In(y, subject(this) ) ∧ In(y,x) ∧ isCodeLike(y, -LICHT01X) ).