db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gabriele Kahlout <gabri...@mysimpatico.com>
Subject JNLP setup creating an apache derby db fails
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:13:35 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a an apache derby db on the users file system
through a setup.jnlp. However, this fails throwing the exception (and
not creating anything) :

Failed to start database 'derbyDB', see the next exception for details.

The same code doesn't break (but works) when executed without java web
start (which from the launch.jnlp a setup.jnlp is first fired).

Looking @ http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/embedded_intro.html
I get the doubt that it might be that while setup.jnlp is connecting,
also launch.jnlp is from a different JVM, but that sounds non-sense.
But otherwise I don't know what might be the problem, and how to solve
it.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
K. Gabriele

--- unchanged since 25/1/10 ---
P.S. Unless a notification (LON), please reply either with an answer
OR with " ACK" appended to this subject within 48 hours. Otherwise, I
might resend.
In(LON, this) ∨ In(48h, TimeNow) ∨ ∃x. In(x, MyInbox) ∧ IsAnswerTo(x,
this) ∨ (In(subject(this), subject(x)) ∧ In(ACK, subject(x)) ∧
¬IsAnswerTo(x,this)) ⇒ ¬IResend(this).

Also note that correspondence may be received only from specified a
priori senders, or if the subject of this email ends with a code, eg.
-LICHT01X, then also from senders whose reply contains it.
∀x. In(x, MyInbox) ⇒ In(senderAddress(x), MySafeSenderList) ∨ (∃y.
In(y, subject(this) ) ∧ In(y,x) ∧ isCodeLike(y, -LICHT01X) ).