db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Falby, Walter" <Walter.Fa...@compuware.com>
Subject Derby 10.4.2.0
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:58:40 GMT
I'm trying to get a log of the database activity to help debug a locking
problem. I have the derby database in a directory. In that directory I
have a derby properties file with the following contents:

derby.infolog.append=false

derby.language.logStatementText=true

derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0

I run my application. I can see from the log4j trace that I've gone
through the code that adds records to the database 10 times. In the
directory that is the direct parent to the database directory, I see a
derby.log file. It contains the following:

2010-03-16 20:13:18.186 GMT:

 Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby -
10.4.2.0 - (689064): instance a816c00e-0127-689b-da4c-000007753e80

on database directory /u/aa/efhwff0/FM120100/FaultMgr

Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''

2010-03-16 20:14:07.872 GMT:

Shutting down instance a816c00e-0127-689b-da4c-000007753e80

Here is a code snippet for one instance where the database is updated.

private String addQuery =

                 "INSERT INTO FaultMgr.MEP_Events VALUES(DEFAULT, ?, ?,
?, ?)";

conn.setAutoCommit(false);

sqlPS = conn.prepareStatement(addQuery,

             Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS);

SQLWarning sqlWarn = conn.getWarnings();

if (sqlWarn != null)

   MEPErrorUtil.logSQLWarning(sqlWarn);

//Set values into the prepared SQL statement

sqlPS.setLong(1, dbTime);

sqlPS.setLong(2, nmbrOfDays);

sqlPS.setInt(3, event.length());

sqlPS.setString(4, event);

//Execute the query which adds the record to the database.

sqlPS.execute();

//Get generated key

ResultSet rs = sqlPS.getGeneratedKeys();

if (rs == null)

{

   //Error handling code is here

}

conn.commit();

conn.setAutoCommit(true);

rs.close();

sqlPS.close();

I expected a log more in the log file. What am I doing wrong?

Walter Falby