db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "[SAS] Justin Swall" <JSw...@swallservices.com>
Subject Opening/Converting a Derby Embedded DB with the Derby Network Server
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:21:38 GMT
I have an LOB application that uses a Derby Embedded DB (Openbravo POS @
sourceforge.net).  Their application does support using the network
server however so I spent some time over my weekend running some tests
with a copy of the app, installing the JDK & Derby and seeing if I can
get it talking to the network server instead of the embedded server.  So
far so good, I was able to get it to connect to the network server and
create a new DB and it is now successfully working off the new DB.

My question is I currently have a copy of the embedded DB files (the
.script and .properties files).  How can I get the data out of this
embedded DB and over into a DB that can be mounted with the Network
Server?  Is there some way to just directly mount this existing DB in
the network server or does it need to be converted?

I'm certain that this is a pretty basic question but I swear I've
googled and searched the mailing list archives and so far can't figure
out what to do so I'm looking to the experts for help.

Thanks in advance.

Justin Swall
Swall's Associated Services