Thanks!  Can the compress routines be called programatically?

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
a derby table/index will not automatically shrink ever.  Deleted row space can
be used automatically by subsequent inserts or updates to the same
table or index.  Space is returned to the operating system when a table or index is dropped.
One needs to
call the compress routines by hand to get a db to shrink.

David Van Couvering wrote:
If I delete a bunch of rows from my database, does the size of the database shrink, or does it keep the space it has allocated once I grow to a certain size?

Thanks!

David

--
David W. Van Couvering