db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: pagesize for a given table
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:26:44 GMT
David Parker <dap@tractionsoftware.com> writes:

> I am trying to address some insert performance issues we are having
> for a wide table by increasing the pagesize for that table. As far as
> I can tell, this means issuing a call to syscs_set_database_property
> to set the desired pagesize, then creating the table. I'd kind of like
> to be able to verify that the table created has the proper pagesize.
>
> Is there a way to determine the pagesize being used by a given table?

You can use the SYSCS_DIAG.SPACE_TABLE table function:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/ref/rrefsyscsdiagtables.html

For example, if you want to verify the page size of the table MYTABLE in
schema MYSCHEMA, execute the following statement:

ij> select pagesize from table (syscs_diag.space_table('MYSCHEMA', 'MYTABLE')) s;
PAGESIZE
4096

1 row selected

Hope this helps,