db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: how to get rid of the derby.rawStoreDaemon thread
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:36:03 GMT
Pasi Paasiala <pasi.paasiala@solibri.com> writes:

> I also tried the DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");
> and it seemed to work.
> The only problem is that it always seems to throw an exception. Is that
> something to be expected? If so, then I just catch it and don't worry about
> it.

Hi Pasi,

The exception on shutdown is expected, so catching and ignoring it
should be fine. For good measure, you may want to check that the
SQLException has the expected SQLState (which I don't remember off the
top of my head) before ignoring it.

You may find the section on shutdown in the developer's guide helpful,
see here: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html

--
Knut Anders