db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1216)).
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:28:35 GMT
Shankar Devi <shankar.natarajan@sasken.com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I have an intensive data-processing application which utilises Apache Derby
> version - 10.3.1.4.
> My Customer is running this application on Windows 2003 and has 30GB derby
> database size.
> Customer has reported the following error.
>
> ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1216)).

Hi Devi,

I suspect you've been hit by a data corruption bug present in Derby
10.3.1.4 and 10.3.2.1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3347

You'll have to recover the database from backup and upgrade to a Derby
version that does not have this bug (10.3.3.0 or later).

Hope this helps,

--
Knut Anders