db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Parser Code in Apache Derby Source Code
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 04:46:49 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM, AKA_DERBY <gn_keerthi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Rick,
>
>       Thank you for replying. I am kind of stuck with another build error.
> Everytime I build it, I am getting an Ant Build error dialog pop up.
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p27462091/Ant_build_failed.jpg  . There are links
> discussing this - like
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200906.mbox/%3Cx6d49eiauf.fsf@Sun.COM%3E
>
> but I have not been able to locate this ant.properties file at all to change
> the variables (j14lib, j15lib and j16lib) .
>
> Could you please explain in detail what exactly is to be done to get rid of
> this build error. I would like to mention that I am using a 64bit Windows 7,
> and Eclipse Ganymede/Galileo to execute Apache Derby code.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

ant.properties is a file you'll probably have to create yourself.
Mine lives in "$HOME" - that's where my ant installation expects it to
be. (I've also run it by putting it in another dir ('xyz' and telling
ant with -Duser.home=xyz to look in that directory)).
On my windows XP that ends up somewhere in c:/Documents and Settings.

Did you read through the Building.html file at the top of the Apache
tree? It should provide help regarding setting up the jvms required to
build.

I would ensure first you can build outside of eclipse. Derby's build
is a bit complex; you may need to tell eclipse not to do an automatic
build. I believe you can use the 'ant' symbol at the top of the
hierarchy to build, but I haven't tried that in a long time.

Myrna