db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Rudy <ronchal...@gmail.com>
Subject Perhaps a stupid question
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:16:51 GMT
Is there any way programmatically or otherwise to specify a java.util.Comparator type object
to sort a specific column?  I realize this flies in the face of any SQL standard or convention,
but it would be really helpful to me at the moment :).  And since Derby is Java-based, I was
wondering if there might be something "non-standard" I could do to support it ....?

My alternative is to create an additional column in my database that will give me the sorting
I want (as it would be given by a custom Comparator class) using standard varchar sorting,
but this isn't preferable.

Thanks,
   -Ron