db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Problem storing an image in a Blob field in Java DB.
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:44:42 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Java DB 10.5, and am experiencing problem in storing an image in a Blob field.
I am using the below command to insert the image:

preparedStatement.setBinaryStream(5, inputStream, file.length());

The Derby throws the following exception on using the above-mentioned command:

Error code : 0
SQL State = XJ001
Message = Java exception: 'Input stream did not have exact amount of data as the requested
length.: org.apache.derby.iapi.services.io.DerbyIOException'.

If I use the method variant of setBinaryStream that doesn't take the 3rd argement, then the
command executes without any error, but perhaps no date is stored in the database, as when
the data is retrieved in a Blob variable, its length is reported to be zero.

Thanks for any help that you can
 offer.

Regards,
Dinesh