db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Denis Weerasiri <ddweeras...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC]-Project ideas
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:34:55 GMT
Hi folks,
I'm Denis Weerasiri, an undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka. Still I don't have an concrete idea, I'm hoping to come up with an
improvement to derby tooling and utilities as my GSoC project in this year.
Last year, I successfully completed my GSoC project, BPEL debugger for
Apache ODE.

I have used Apache Derby a lot for my projects but haven't really looked
into the source code. So these days I'm studying the Derby code base. Since
it is a fairly large code base I would appreciate some help in getting
familiar with the code. Please do let me know where I should get started.
Any special packages/modules/classes I should look into?

Also if there is anything in particular I should be concerned of with
respect to this project idea (any critical bugs etc I should focus on)
please let me know. Any response is most appreciated.

Best Regards,
Denis,
http://ddweerasiri.blogspot.com