db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject 'ERROR 40XD0: Container has been closed.: java.io.IOException'.
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:33:26 GMT
Hi,

I get the above error while executing the Update statement through a java application. The
error occurs when the update statement involves a Blob field.

I have ensured that input stream being given to setBinaryStream method is not closed and the
length being given is also correct.

Also, may I say that I can't find any source where I can readily find the detailed description
of a Derby error and its possible causes. The reference documentation just cryptically says
: "Container has been closed". Now, what can be make out of this?

Regards,
Dinesh