db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sumedh Wale <sumw...@fastmail.fm>
Subject GenericPreparedStatements leak due to DependencyManager?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:03:36 GMT
Hi

I noticed OOM issues in one of the test runs that creates quite a good
number of PreparedStatements. Looking at the hprof dump and the code, it
looks like GenericPreparedStatements are being held on to by
BasicDependencyManager even after having being expired from LCC's
CacheManager. I looked at JIRA but did not find any existing bug for
this -- is it a known issue? One fix can be to explicitly invoke
DependencyManager#clearDependencies() for the GenericPreparedStatement
from CachedStatement#clearIdentity(). This is with 10.4.x and I have not
yet tried with latest 10.5 release.

thanks
sumedh